QAA Scotland is pleased to announce the date and venue for the 15th Enhancement Conference – Evaluation, Evidence and Enhancement: Inspiring Staff & Students.
The conference will showcase activity around the Evidence for Enhancement: Improving the Student Experience Enhancement Theme. It follows last year's hugely successful international conference, which welcomed over 600 higher education experts (both staff and students) from 17 countries.
The use of evidence to evaluate the student experience and promote student success has never been more vital. The Evidence for Enhancement Theme considers data and metrics alongside creative, qualitative approaches and asks: 'are we using the right evidence to bring about change and genuinely inspire our students?'
Our conference will share current thinking around the following four tracks:
- navigating the data landscape
- using qualitative and quantitative approaches to enhance student retention, attainment and employability
- finding effective evidence for prompting students' engagement in their learning
- evaluating improvements in the student experience.
Glasgow Caledonian University
7 June 2018
Get involved - showcase your work
A call for proposals will open in early December, inviting you to share your varied and innovative work. You can submit this in a variety of formats, including papers, lightning talks and workshops. The submission of student-led work is particularly encouraged. All proposals will be peer reviewed and sessions will be confirmed early in 2018.
This event will be valuable for policy makers, deans of learning and teaching, educational developers, practitioners, student representatives, quality professionals and professional services colleagues.
- Save the date (7 June 2018)
- Submit a proposal to get involved (opening in early December 2017)
- Encourage students to submit proposals
- Share this information with colleagues in your networks
We look forward to welcoming you to the Conference!